Re: [RFC v1 0/1] nvme testsuite runtime optimization

From: Chaitanya Kulkarni
Date: Wed Apr 19 2023 - 17:32:10 EST

we cannot change the dataset size for slow VMs, instead add
>> a command line argument and pass it to tests e.g.
>> nvme_verification_size=XXX similar to nvme_trtype but don't change
>> the default values which we have been testing for years now
>>
>> Testing is supposed to be time consuming especially verification jobs..
>
> I like the idea, but I think it may need to be the other way around.
> Have shortest possible runs by default.

not everyone is running blktests on the slow vms, so I think it should
be the other way around, the default integration of these testcases
using 1G size in various distros, and it is not a good idea to change
that so everyone else who are not running slow vms who should update
their testscripts ...

-ck