Re: [RESEND v2 4/6] soc: starfive: Extract JH7110 pmu private operations

From: Conor Dooley
Date: Wed Apr 19 2023 - 13:47:46 EST

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 08:56:44PM -0700, Changhuang Liang wrote:
> Move JH7110 private operation into private data of compatible.
> Convenient to expand different compatible.

I prefer how the code looks in v2, thanks.
However, just as in the prior patch, "Convenient to expand different
compatible" isn't really a justification - specifically, supporting the
power domain controller serving the dphy is your motivation here. The
important difference being that it uses a regmap from a syscon and has
no interrupts nor the encourage features.

Although, given the only real similarity the code driving each of the
PMUs is the variable names, I guess you could argue that this driver
should be left alone and the "aon dphy" should be a different driver
altogether.

I don't have a strong opinion though & if it's fine with Walker and
noone else objects, it's fine with me...