Re: [BUG REPORT] arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess_64.h:119: Error: junk at end of line

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Apr 17 2023 - 14:14:29 EST

On Sun, Apr 16, 2023 at 10:36:36AM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> So it just means that the support for the "U" suffix on numbers was
> added in binutils 2.27 and the "L" suffix on numbers was added somewhere
> between 2.27 and 2.29.

Thanks for that - I'd like to document this once I've hashed out with
the toolchain person the proper binutils versions which got this
support. But that'll come later.

> And given that there's a single occurrence of all this in the whole tree,
> that's why I'm proposing to just get back to the good old (1 << 0) instead
> of BIT(0).

Yeah, we have those UC() macro things but they don't work in inline asm
in C code. So yeah, pls do the thing you're suggesting.

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.