Re: linux-6.3-rc6/lib/maple_tree.c: Two style issues

From: David Binderman
Date: Mon Apr 17 2023 - 10:22:51 EST

Hello there,

>It should be fine here.

Perhaps I have been slightly less than clear. The discussion is about the *style*
of the code, *not* whether it works or not. My apologies for the lack of clarity.

Expression is

while (A &&
B && C)

The static analyser notices it is poor style to have B do a limit check, but have A use it.
Sure its working code, but suggest new code

while (B && A && C)

It won't make much difference to the code, it will merely be better style.

2.

>> Source code is
>>
>>             memset(pivs + tmp, 0,
>>                     sizeof(unsigned long *) * (max_p - tmp));

>It's not good here, I can fix it.

sizeof( pivs[ 0]) is a better thing to say than sizeof( unsigned long).
There is reduced future maintenance burden, when the type of *pivs changes.

Regards

David Binderman