Re: [BUG?] INFO: rcu_sched detected expedited stalls on CPUs/tasks: { 0-.... } 3 jiffies s: 309 root: 0x1/.

From: Rui Salvaterra
Date: Wed Apr 12 2023 - 06:16:53 EST

Hi, Jani,

On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 at 10:28, Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please file a bug at fdo gitlab [1]. Add drm.debug=0xe and maybe
> log_buf_len=4M or similar kernel parameters, and attach dmesg all the
> way from boot to reproducing the problem.

Sure, will do, thanks!

> How long is "for some time now"?

That's a wonderful question. I actually found a screenshot I took on
the 14th October(!) with one of these traces. I don't know the exact
kernel version, but since I've been running weekly release candidates
for years, it shouldn't be hard to pinpoint, if strictly needed. Since
the trace seemed informative and I haven't noticed any problems, I was
kind of hoping it would solve itself in time. I guess my patience
lasted 6 months. :)

Kind regards,
Rui