Re: [GIT PULL] TTY/Serial driver fixes for 6.2-rc7

From: George Kennedy
Date: Mon Feb 06 2023 - 08:05:57 EST

On 2/6/2023 2:38 AM, Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, Feb 05, 2023 at 12:17:05PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Sun, Feb 5, 2023 at 3:53 AM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George Kennedy (1):
vc_screen: move load of struct vc_data pointer in vcs_read() to avoid UAF
Hmm.

I think the "goto unlock_out" should be a "break". A partial read
should return the partial success, not an error.

That situation didn't exist when the check was outside the loop, but does now.

Now, I don't think this matters for any sane situation, but since I
looked at this patch I thought I'd mention it.
Fair enough, George, can you send a follow-on patch to fix this up?
Hi Greg,

Will send a follow-on patch.

Thanks,
George