RE: PPS functionality for Intel Timed I/O

From: N, Pandith
Date: Mon Feb 06 2023 - 05:17:01 EST

Hi Rodolfo,

We are planning to add a new PPS generator driver in drivers/pps/generators
i) Can this driver use pps_register_source to register Intel Timed I/O device for pulse generation ?

ii) To start/stop pulse, we are planning to add additional sysfs attribute from our main driver.
Something like : /sys/class/ppsX/enable_pin
This is needed for users to start/stop pulse generation.

> However pay attention to the fact that a PPS generator should be referred to
> system's main clock and not to peripherals' clock.

We can sync with the system time for pulse generation.
> Ciao,
>
> Rodolfo
>
> --
> GNU/Linux Solutions e-mail: giometti@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Linux Device Driver giometti@xxxxxxxx
> Embedded Systems phone: +39 349 2432127
> UNIX programming skype: rodolfo.giometti

Regards,
Pandith