Re: [RFC v3 2/4] mm: move PG_slab flag to page_type

From: David Hildenbrand
Date: Fri Feb 03 2023 - 11:05:02 EST

On 30.01.23 06:11, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 01:34:59PM +0900, Hyeonggon Yoo wrote:
Seems like quite some changes to page_type to accomodate SLAB, which is
hopefully going away soon(TM). Could we perhaps avoid that?

If it could be done with less changes, I'll try to avoid that.

Let me outline the idea I had for removing PG_slab:

Observe that PG_reserved and PG_slab are mutually exclusive. Also,

I recall that there are SetPageReserved() calls on pages allocated via slab.

--
Thanks,

David / dhildenb