Re: crypto-rockchip patches queued for 6.1

From: Diederik de Haas
Date: Fri Feb 03 2023 - 06:09:19 EST

On Friday, 3 February 2023 10:33:16 CET Greg KH wrote:
> > That's a lot, I'll look at them in a week or so after catching up with
> > the rest of the stable queue.
>
> I looked at this now, and some of the more obvious "fixes" are already
> in the 6.1.y tree (and older kernels).
>
> So this series does not apply as-is, and it seems like there is a lot of
> extra stuff in this series that is not needed (like a MAINTAINER entry?)
>
> Can you provide a patch series, that has been tested and with your
> signed-off-by for whatever you feel still needs to be applied to the
> 6.1.y tree to resolve any existing bugs in 6.1.y for this driver (note,
> that does NOT mean that you can add new functionality that was never
> there...)

I don't feel confident (enough) that I could 'pull that off', especially since
it would effectively be a new patch set, which would likely not get the same
level of review/testing as the original one got.
It would also (effectively) add new functionality as the crypto engine (at
least on rk3328 and rk3399) did not work previously as among others they don't
have the crypto node in the dts files.

So I think it's better that the (new) patch set does not get applied to the
6.1 Stable release (series).

The reason I raised my initial question was because I did test (and provided
my Tested-By to) the patch set as a whole, not any single patch in isolation.

Regards,
Diederik