Re: selftests: memfd: run_hugetlbfs_test.sh - invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP

From: Naresh Kamboju
Date: Thu Feb 02 2023 - 09:59:49 EST

[Resending because logs.txt attachment was not successful ]
Hi Mike,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 at 06:04, Mike Kravetz <mike.kravetz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/05/23 15:14, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> > While running selftests: memfd: run_hugetlbfs_test.sh on qemu_i386 and i386 the
> > following invalid opcode was noticed on stable-rc 6.1 and 6.0.
> >
> > This is always reproducible on stable-rc 6.1 and 6.0 with qemu_i386 and i386.
> > Build, config and test log details provided in the below links [1].
>
> Hello Naresh,
>
> I have tried to create this issue a few times without success. Since I
> do not have i386 HW, I am using qemu_i386. If I use the supplied config,
> my kernel does not boot. I then try to modify config options which I
> think are not relevant. By the time I get to a config that will boot, I
> can not recreate the issue. :(
>
> Just curious if you have any suggestions? Or, Wondering if anyone else has
> suggestions on how to proceed?

Please install tuxmake and run attached script to reproduce reported issues,
$ pip3 install tuxmake
$ ./memfd-crash-test-qemu-i386.sh

This script downloads kernel Image and rootfs and runs run_hugetlbfs_test.sh.
If you have any questions please get back to me.

ref:
https://tuxsuite.com/