Re: [net-next] ipv6: fix routing cache overflow for raw sockets

From: Jonathan Maxwell
Date: Thu Dec 22 2022 - 17:37:40 EST

On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 3:17 AM David Ahern <dsahern@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/21/22 10:39 PM, Jonathan Maxwell wrote:
> > There are some mistakes in this prototype patch. Let me come up with a
> > better one. I'll submit a new patch in the new year for review. Thanks for
> > the suggestion DavidA.
>
> you are welcome. When you submit the next one, it would be helpful to
> show change in memory consumption and a comparison to IPv4 for a similar
> raw socket program.

Sure will do, I have an ipv4 version of the test program and a better patch.
Initial results are quite similar for resource usage. The ipv6 GC does a good
job at managing memory resources with max_size threshold removed. I'll
include some comparison stats after I test this extensively when I submit
the new patch.