Re: regression: nfs mount (even idle) eventually hangs server #forregzbot

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Thu Dec 22 2022 - 06:21:04 EST

[Note: this mail contains only information for Linux kernel regression
tracking. Mails like these contain '#forregzbot' in the subject to make
then easy to spot and filter out. The author also tried to remove most
or all individuals from the list of recipients to spare them the hassle.]

On 21.12.22 09:59, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> scenario: /home/mikeg of desktop box mounted by lappy, lappy sitting
> idle with user mikeg not even logged in. Reclaim inducing activity on
> desktop box eventually leads to spew below. I've hung the box three
> times in two days, twice with light client side activity, and below
> with none, ie with the mount point allegedly merely existing. Sans nfs
> mount, box seems perfectly fine. 6.1 didn't reproduce either, so it
> would appear to be a merge window bug.

Thanks for the report. To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced v5.19..v6.0
#regzbot title nfs: mount (even idle) eventually hangs server
#regzbot ignore-activity

>From later in the thread it seems it unclear when it's started, for
tracking just go with Chuck's assumption

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.