Re: kernel BUG in __skb_gso_segment

From: Tudor Ambarus
Date: Thu Dec 22 2022 - 04:20:11 EST

On 21.12.2022 14:41, Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 09:42:59AM +0200, Tudor Ambarus wrote:

On 21.12.2022 09:37, Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 09:28:16AM +0200, Tudor Ambarus wrote:
Hi,

I added Greg KH to the thread, maybe he can shed some light on whether
new support can be marked as fixes and backported to stable. The rules
on what kind of patches are accepted into the -stable tree don't mention
new support:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html

As you say, we don't take new features into older kernels. Unless they
fix a reported problem, if so, submit the git ids to us and we will be
glad to review them.

They do fix a bug. I'm taking care of it. Shall I update
Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst to mention this rule as
well?

How exactly would you change it, and why?

Something like this:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-kernel/20221222091658.1975240-1-tudor.ambarus@xxxxxxxxxx/T/#u

Cheers,
ta