Re: mainline build failure due to e1d7dc52c3e6 ("ARM: dts: suniv: f1c100s: add CIR DT node")

From: Andre Przywara
Date: Tue Dec 13 2022 - 12:10:13 EST

On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 10:52:34 +0000
"Sudip Mukherjee (Codethink)" <sudipm.mukherjee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sudip,

thanks for the heads up.

> The latest mainline kernel branch fails to build arm allmodconfig and
> multi_v5_defconfig with the error:
>
> Error: arch/arm/boot/dts/suniv-f1c100s.dtsi:250.30-31 syntax error
> FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

This is because the clock patch hasn't reached Linus' tree yet, as it's
coming from a different branch:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git/log/?h=sunxi/clk-for-6.2

In the original series I had it in the right order, but I guess the single
line to add the "CLK_IR" symbol should have been in a separate patch and
gone along with the DT patches.
Anyway it should magically solve itself in the next hours/days, I guess.

Cheers,
Andre