Re: [Patch net-next v2 06/13] net: ptp: add helper for one-step P2P clocks

From: Arun.Ramadoss
Date: Tue Dec 06 2022 - 23:15:19 EST

Hi Richard,
On Tue, 2022-12-06 at 08:38 -0800, Richard Cochran wrote:
> EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you
> know the content is safe
>
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2022 at 02:44:21PM +0530, Arun Ramadoss wrote:
> > From: Christian Eggers <ceggers@xxxxxxx>
> >

> > Reported-by: kernel test robot <lkp@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> How can a test robot report new code additions?

Test robot ran the compilation test for the patch v1 and found
compilation error when CONFIG_NET_PTP_CLASSIFY is not enabled. It is
due to mismatch in function name defined in with and without
PTP_CLASSIFY enabled.
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/202211290847.wW6xCbMT-lkp@xxxxxxxxx/

In the message, it is mentioned like

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag where applicable
| Reported-by: kernel test robot <lkp@xxxxxxxxx>

I initially thought reported-by tag needs to added only for the bug fix
patch. I was in confusion where to add the tag whether in commit
description or in the patch revision message.
Kindly suggest on where to add tag, before signed-off or in the patch
revision list.

Thanks
Arun