Re: [Patch V1 7/7] x86/microcode/intel: Print when early microcode loading fails

From: Ashok Raj
Date: Mon Dec 05 2022 - 13:19:22 EST

On Fri, Dec 02, 2022 at 08:30:52PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29 2022 at 13:08, Ashok Raj wrote:
>
> > Currently when early microcode loading fails there is no way for user to
>
> the user
>
> > know that the update failed.
> >
> > Store the failed status and pass it to print_ucode_info() to let early
>
> so that early loading failures are captured in dmesg.
>
> Hmm?

Thanks for the review Thomas.

Boris, I have fixups to address all of Thomas's comments. Would you
like me to repost a new series with those fixups?

I'll drop patch1, since you have merged it in tip. You have a candidate for
patch2 as well, maybe I can drop that as well.

This patch has a type cast warning for 32bit compiles that I have fixed as
well.

I added a new patch to address Thomas's comment to print revs only when

Cheers,
Ashok

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/874judpqqd.ffs@tglx/