Re: [regression] Bug 216753 - 6e 6 ghz bands are disabled since 5.16 on intel ax211

From: Maxime Bizon
Date: Fri Dec 02 2022 - 13:02:24 EST

On Fri, 2022-12-02 at 11:18 -0600, Dave Chiluk wrote:

Hello,

> The 6ghz band becomes disabled as soon as I upgrade to the 5.16+
> linux-stable kernels. So from a user perspective this really is a
> case of a kernel upgrade breaking user-space. This is what led me
> down this rabbit hole here.

FWIW

I have the same issue on a Lenovo T14 gen2 laptop with built-in ax210
card, and sold as Wifi-6E compliant.

The exact patch you mention causes the issue, so it seems my bios does
not return the correct values either.

I recompiled the kernel with all those cmd_allow_xxx bitmaps set to ~0
and 6Ghz works fine.

--
Maxime