Re: [BUG] lockdep splat using mmio tracer

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Dec 02 2022 - 07:20:41 EST

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:43:34 +0200
Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2022 21:31:26 -0500
> Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I hit this while testing ftrace on an x86 32 bit VM (I've just started
> > converting my tests to run on a VM, which is find new found bugs).
>
> Hi Steven,
>
> sorry, I don't think I know anymore how mmiotrace works. Surely the
> kernel has changed in those more than 10 years since I last looked at
> it. If I'm still listed as a contact for mmiotrace somewhere, maybe it
> would be best to drop me?

You're still listed as a Reviewer in the MAINTAINERS file. Which means you
only want to see patches (and possibly review them), but doesn't mean you
have to fix them ;-)

> I don't mind the emails, it's nice to see people hit or touch it, but
> I'm afraid I can't help.

Nice hearing from you too :-) I'll only drop you if you ask.

For now, I just don't test mmiotrace with lockdep on. But if I get some
cycles, I may try to figure out what's going on.

Cheers,

-- Steve