Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the v4l-dvb-next tree

From: Lin Ma
Date: Mon Nov 28 2022 - 02:30:33 EST

Hi Stephen,

> Hi all,
>
> After merging the v4l-dvb-next tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
> produced these warnings:
>
> include/media/dvbdev.h:193: warning: Function parameter or member 'ref' not described in 'dvb_device'
> include/media/dvbdev.h:207: warning: expecting prototype for dvb_device_get(). Prototype was for dvb_device_put() instead
>
> Introduced by commit
>
> 0fc044b2b5e2 ("media: dvbdev: adopts refcnt to avoid UAF")
>
> --

Oh my bad, it seems that I leave a typo there as forgetting about the function name in comment.

/**
* dvb_device_get - Decrease dvb_device reference
*
* @dvbdev: pointer to struct dvb_device
*/
void dvb_device_put(struct dvb_device *dvbdev);

Also the 'ref' field is not described with comment. Will send the fix to the v4l-dvb-next soon.

Thanks
Lin