Re: Regression bisected: drm/display/dp_mst: Move all payload info into the atomic state #forregzbot

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Sun Nov 20 2022 - 12:30:07 EST

[Note: this mail is primarily send for documentation purposes and/or for
regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot. That's why I removed
most or all folks from the list of recipients, but left any that looked
like a mailing lists. These mails usually contain '#forregzbot' in the
subject, to make them easy to spot and filter out.]

On 13.11.22 10:28, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 10.11.22 23:32, Dirk Gouders wrote:
>>
>> I noticed a regression with Linus' current tree and bisected it to
>> 4d07b0bc403403 (drm/display/dp_mst: Move all payload info into the atomic state):
>>
>> I have two monitors connected to my laptop's USB-C port and since this
>> patch, one of the monitors remains dark.
>>
>> Please let me know if I can provide additional information that could help
>> to investigate this problem.
>
> Thanks for the report. To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the
> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression
> tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot introduced 4d07b0bc403403 ^
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2171
> #regzbot title drm: amdgpu: No payload for [MST PORT:0000000006da5d29]
> found in mst state 00000000b0e556d6" on system resume with TBT dock
> connected.
> #regzbot ignore-activity

#regzbot monitor
https://lore.kernel.org/amd-gfx/20221114221754.385090-1-lyude@xxxxxxxxxx/