Re: linux-next: manual merge of the thermal tree with the pm tree

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Thu Nov 17 2022 - 11:19:03 EST

Hi Stephen,

On 11/17/2022 2:29 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the thermal tree got a conflict in:

drivers/thermal/thermal_sysfs.c

between commit:

05eeee2b51b4 ("thermal/core: Protect sysfs accesses to thermal operations with thermal zone mutex")

from the pm tree and commits:

dca20ad5acb7 ("thermal/core: Add a generic thermal_zone_get_trip() function")
aed8b46d141c ("thermal/core: Add a generic thermal_zone_set_trip() function")

from the thermal tree.

This was just too painful to fix up, so please fix it yourselves or
supply me with a resolution.

I have dropped the thermal tree for today.

From my perspective, the current material in the thermal tree is work in progress and the thermal tree is merged via the pm tree anyway.

So I think that it would be better to merge it into linux-next through the linux-next branch of the pm tree as a general rule.

In my view the material from Guenter is important bug fixes and it takes precedence over any cleanups and new code.

In any case, sorry for the trouble.