Re: [syzbot] INFO: trying to register non-static key in f2fs_handle_error

From: Eric Biggers
Date: Fri Nov 11 2022 - 20:55:27 EST

On Sat, Nov 12, 2022 at 12:15:08AM +0000, 'Nick Terrell' via syzkaller-bugs wrote:

> Not quite sure why I am CC'd here, I don't see anything related to zstd or compression in this stack.
> Just want to check that it is likely unrelated, and that I'm not missing something.
>
> Best,
> Nick Terrell

It's because:

$ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl fs/f2fs/super.c
Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@xxxxxxxxxx> (maintainer:F2FS FILE SYSTEM)
Chao Yu <chao@xxxxxxxxxx> (maintainer:F2FS FILE SYSTEM)
Nick Terrell <terrelln@xxxxxx> (maintainer:ZSTD)
linux-f2fs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list:F2FS FILE SYSTEM)
linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list)

Do *not* use content regexes (K: zstd) in MAINTAINERS unless you are absolutely
sure you want to be notified about every file that contains your regex.

If you do want to use a content regex anyway, you might want to look into
changing get_maintainer.pl to make them only apply to patches that contain the
regex, as I think that might be what people are expecting it does.

- Eric