Re: [GIT PULL] sound fixes for 6.1-rc5

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Nov 11 2022 - 20:28:51 EST

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 12:56 AM Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> please pull sound fixes for v6.1-rc5 from:

Hmm. I don't know that this came in through this particular pull
request, but I don't seem to have seen it before:

Nov 11 14:32:37 xps13 kernel:
snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: Too many BDL entries:
buffer=2097152, period=65536

there's six of those lines in my logs (two batches of three, five
seconds apart).

I don't see any negative side effects aside from the messages, and
sound seems to work fine, but since I don't think I've ever seen this
one before I thought I'd just mention it.

I also haven't been using this laptop on a while - an arm64 Fedora
uboot update broke my M2 boot, so I'm temporarily back to using my
trusty old xps13.

So while it's new to me, the issue that introduced it may not be
particularly new.

Google does show that the message itself has been happening for others
for a long time. But I checked with 'journalctl', and it hasn't
happened on this particular machine before.

It might be a non-kernel change that triggers it, of course.

Linus