Re: Submitting patches without using git.

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Thu Nov 10 2022 - 02:27:31 EST

Hi--

On 11/9/22 21:22, A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is learning git necessary to submit patches to linux kernel?

No.
Simple patches or small patch series don't need to use git.
As patches become more complex, git could be more of an advantage.

> Can I do it without git?

Sure. For me it's easiest to use 'git send-email', which doesn't require git,
but I have also done it just using an email client (Thunderbird in my case).

(git send-mail may require a separate software installation depending on your
distro and its packaging.)

--
~Randy