Re: linux-next: manual merge of the selinux tree with Linus' tree

From: Paul Moore
Date: Wed Nov 09 2022 - 21:27:13 EST

On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 8:44 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the selinux tree got conflicts in:
>
> security/selinux/ss/services.c
> security/selinux/ss/sidtab.c
> security/selinux/ss/sidtab.h
>
> between commit:
>
> abe3c631447d ("selinux: enable use of both GFP_KERNEL and GFP_ATOMIC in convert_context()")
>
> from Linus' tree and commit:
>
> 048be156491f ("selinux: remove the sidtab context conversion indirect calls")
>
> from the selinux tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and applied the following merge fix patch
> as well and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as
> linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned
> to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.
> You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
> conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

I had to make a similar patch for my own testing. Thanks Stephen.

Out of curiosity, is there an established procedure for notifying
linux-next about such conflicts? I'm happy to let Stephen find it on
his own and handle the merge for linux-next, but it seems like there
is some duplicated work here ...

--
paul-moore.com