Re: [v2 01/13] x86/microcode/intel: Prevent printing updated microcode rev multiple times

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Wed Nov 09 2022 - 04:19:01 EST

On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 03:06:20PM -0800, Ashok Raj wrote:
> That's correct, my thought as well. Did you get a chance to review rest of
> the patches?

Dave had a spot-on response to one of your colleagues pinging
impatiently the same way:

"Things are a bit busy in the review queue at the moment. As always,
we'd love help reviewing stuff. So, while you're waiting for us to
review this, could you perhaps look around and find a series that's also
hurting for review tags?"

So how about you help out with review while waiting?

Ashok, I'll say this only once: if you don't stop this impatient pinging
and the private bullsh*t emails - them especially! - I will ignore you
completely.

We've documented it all:

"You should receive comments within a week or so; if that does not
happen, make sure that you have sent your patches to the right place.
Wait for a minimum of one week before resubmitting or pinging reviewers
- possibly longer during busy times like merge windows."

And yes, those rules apply to you too.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.