Re: Commit 'iomap: add support for dma aligned direct-io' causes qemu/KVM boot failures #forregzbot

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Fri Nov 04 2022 - 07:59:58 EST

[Note: this mail is primarily send for documentation purposes and/or for
regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot. That's why I removed
most or all folks from the list of recipients, but left any that looked
like a mailing lists. These mails usually contain '#forregzbot' in the
subject, to make them easy to spot and filter out.]

On 30.09.22 13:52, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker. This might be a Qemu
> bug, but it's exposed by kernel change, so I at least want to have it in
> the tracking. I'll simply remove it in a few weeks, if it turns out that
> nobody except Maxim hits this.

There was one more report:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20221020031725.7d01051a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

But that's it so far. I'll put this to rest for now:

#regzbot monitor:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20221020031725.7d01051a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
#regzbot invalid: a kernel change exposed a bug in qemu that maybe still
needs to be fixed, *if* more people run into this