Re: [Question] Question about supporting sysreg only CoreSight ETMv4.4 on ACPI machines

From: Suzuki Kuruppassery Poulose
Date: Tue Oct 18 2022 - 05:18:21 EST

Hi,

Cc: Anshuman

On 18/10/2022 03:04, Xiongfeng Wang wrote:
Hi, Suzuki

We are testing CoreSight ETMv4.4 and TRBE recently. ETMv4.4 obsoletes memory
mapped access to ETM and mandates the system registers. The following commit add
driver for sysreg only devices, but it only support device tree.
commit 5214b563588e8414193bd7a174c52350256942a6
coresight: etm4x: Add support for sysreg only devices

ACPI machine can use 'ARMHC500' to report a ETM4x device. But the corresponding
driver is etm4x_amba_driver. It needs memory resouces and doesn't support sysreg
only device.

That is true. Unfortunately, supporting this requires us to move away from the AMBA framework (at least) for ETM4x devices. This is currently
developed by Anshuman. We can share it as soon as this is complete.

Thanks
Suzuki

Do we have some other way to use CoreSight ETMv4.4 on ACPI machines. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Xiongfeng