Re: Linux 6.1-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 17 2022 - 13:39:39 EST

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 5:35 AM Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Build results:
> total: 152 pass: 152 fail: 0
> Qemu test results:
> total: 490 pass: 420 fail: 70

Strange. You claim zero build failures, but then:

> Build failures
>
> Building riscv:defconfig ... failed

so I think your stats may be wrong somehow ;)

> mips, sparc64
> -------------
>
> All big endian mips tests fail to reset after boot. The problem is
> caused by commit 72a95859728a ("mfd: syscon: Remove repetition of the
> regmap_get_val_endian()").

Bah. I had already archived that whole thread as "sorted out", but
yeah, the revert clearly never made it to me for rc1.

But it should be in the regmap queue (Lee/Andy?), so it is hopefully
just a temporary thing.

In fact, it looks like all the failures have known fixes. So here's
hoping that your list will be a whole lot cleaner by rc2.

Knock wood.

Thanks,
Linus