Re: BISECT result: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with 6.0.0-rc3 through 6.0.0-rc7

From: Mirsad Goran Todorovac
Date: Sun Oct 16 2022 - 22:42:13 EST

On 17. 10. 2022. 04:03, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:

On 10/17/22 03:19, Phillip Lougher wrote:
On 16/10/2022 20:55, Phillip Lougher wrote:
Tracking down bugs of this sort is always a process of elimination,
and gathering information to pinpoint the exact circumstances of why
it is triggering.

Next step is to download the exact snap(s) where the problems are occurring, as this may provide some insights.

I don't run Ubuntu, and I don't use snaps.  Can you provide the
download link(s) of the snap(s) that cause problems?  If there's
any firefox snaps that don't cause problems those will be useful
too.

It appears there's a searchable "Snap Store" https://snapcraft.io,
but, it doesn't give any download links to the actual snaps which
is rather annoying.

Does anyone know how to get the download link?  I have not run
Ubuntu for over 14 years and have absolutely no wish to do so
now either.
You need to have snapd installed, unfortunately.

You can start the testing with hello-world snap, which can be installed
with `snap install hello-world`. Then run the snap with `snap run
hello-world`. After that, reboot and repeat until the regression
occurs.

You can also try other snaps. For GUI applications, try krita, gimp,
gitkraken, and libreoffice. For server applications, try spinning up
containers with lxd or store data with nextcloud.

My guess is that the problem is in snapd when trying to execute
snaps, hence all snaps are affected.

I can only report that bug persisted in 6.1-rc1 with the latest Phillip's squashfs patch.

Have a nice day.

Mirsad

--
Mirsad Goran Todorovac