Re: [GIT PULL] LoongArch changes for v6.1

From: Huacai Chen
Date: Thu Oct 13 2022 - 11:27:45 EST

Hi, Linus,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 2:24 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 7:51 AM Huacai Chen <chenhuacai@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chenhuacai/linux-loongson.git tags/loongarch-6.1
>
> Grr.
>
> This was rebased mere hours before the pull request.
>
> Much (all?) of it has been in next - with different commit IDs, of
> course, but the question remains why you have rebased it?
I'm very sorry for that. The patches are in linux-next for some days,
but the kernel test robot reports that there is a "define but not
used" warning, so I fixed that warning and rebased.

> It just makes it much less convenient for me to check "was this in
> next?" and is generally a *horrible* thing to do.
I will avoid such operations in future, sorry for that again.

Huacai