Re: [RFC/PATCHSET 00/19] perf stat: Cleanup counter aggregation (v1)

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Oct 10 2022 - 20:25:34 EST

On 10/10/2022 10:35 PM, Namhyung Kim wrote:
Hello,

Current perf stat code is somewhat hard to follow since it handles
many combinations of PMUs/events for given display and aggregation
options. This is my attempt to clean it up a little. ;-)

My main concern would be subtle regressions since there are so many different combinations and way to travel through the code, and a lot of things are not covered by unit tests. When I worked on the code it was difficult to keep it all working. I assume you have some way to enumerate them all and tested that the output is identical?

-Andi