Re: [v9 3/4] i2c: muxes: pca954x: Configure MAX7357 in enhanced mode

From: Serge Semin
Date: Sun Oct 09 2022 - 14:14:17 EST

On Sun, Oct 09, 2022 at 06:36:52PM +0200, Peter Rosin wrote:
> 2022-10-08 at 14:54, Serge Semin wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 07, 2022 at 09:53:52AM +0200, Patrick Rudolph wrote:
> >> + u8 maxim_enhanced_mode;
> >

> > So long name.( What about a shorter version, i.e. max(im)?_enh ?
>
> No thank you, please keep the long name as is. This is a corner
> case and the name is not repeated that many times. Spelling it
> out makes the code more readable.

I don't insist. It was just a suggestion.

Anyway seeing there are going to be two variables with the flag
semantic (has_irq and maxim_enhanced_mode) it would be better to
convert them to a single quirk field. Moreover it will be useful
taking into account that a single maxim_enhanced_mode flag can't be
used to distinguish the Maxim I2C-muxes with the enhanced mode
disabled by default. Thus another flag will be needed for such
devices.

One more thing. Using u8 type for the flag variables isn't that
descriptive. It should be of the boolean type.

-Sergey