Re: [GIT PULL] Backlight for v6.1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 08 2022 - 19:24:29 EST

On Sat, Oct 8, 2022 at 12:59 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Yeah, I don't expect he driver to work on real hardware,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. I guess you mean that you
> do not expect to be able to test the driver on real hw
> yourself?

Well, that too, but I really along the lines of "make it build as a
module when I2C_DESIGNWARE_PLATFORM is a module"

Because if it depends on some symbols from I2C_DESIGNWARE_PLATFORM,
and that one can be a module, then the Intel PMI driver also needs to
be built as a module to just get the build coverage, at least.

And I can imagine that that will not work very well on actual hardware
with some of these core drivers that may want to initialize early?

But I'd love to at least have the build coverage.

Linus