Re: [GIT PULL] First batch of KVM changes for Linux 6.1

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Wed Oct 05 2022 - 20:02:42 EST

On 9/30/22 21:08, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
The first batch of KVM patches, mostly covering x86, which I
am sending out early due to me travelling next week. There is a
lone mm patch for which Andrew gave an informal ack at
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20220817102500.440c6d0a3fce296fdf91bea6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I will send the bulk of ARM work, as well as other
architectures, at the end of next week.

Linus,

this hasn't been pulled yet, and I suspect that's because most patches have not been in linux-next for most of the 6.0-rc period, which earned me a place in the well-known shitlist.

So, what happened is that this is the first release with KVM/x86 submaintainers. I have noticed now that we have never asked for Sean's tree to be added to linux-next. Sorry about that.

It is now "the end of next week", but I will wait a few more days for you to process this pull request, and then send the ARM/RISC-V parts.

Thanks,

Paolo