Re: [GIT PULL] execve updates for v6.1-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 03 2022 - 20:03:03 EST

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 9:40 AM Kees Cook <keescook@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull these execve updates for v6.1-rc1. This removes a.out
> support globally; it has been disabled for a while now.

Pulled.

And I think some of the alpha side could be cleaned up a bit further,
in that I think this ends up making the osf_readv/writev system calls
be the exact same as the standard readv/writev, since the legacy OSF/1
hackery is now gone with CONFIG_OSF4_COMPAT being a thing of the past.

But it's not a big deal - cc'ing linux-alpha just in case somebody
feels inspired.

Linus