Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Mon Oct 03 2022 - 02:56:25 EST

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 09:18:13PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> Funny thing. I've largely given up on getting any kind of useful bug
> report from Launchpad, so I've largely ignored it. In contast, the
> bug reports I get for e2fsprogs from Debian are generally far more
> actionable, with bug reports that have all of the data so I can
> actually root cause the problem, and help the user.

As someone who uses the Debian BTS as a bug reported only these days,
and a as maintainer (but not DD) in the past I love it. For the
developer the email interface is perfect for quick actions, while
the website allows for a good overview. And as a user the reportbug
tools works really nicely and tends to collect the important information
automatically. Most importantly it does not require creating a user
account with some random entity.