Re: [oliver.sang@xxxxxxxxx: [cpumask] b9a7ecc71f: WARNING:at_include/linux/cpumask.h:#__is_kernel_percpu_address]

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 01 2022 - 12:21:23 EST

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:51 PM Yury Norov <yury.norov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The commit b9a7ecc71fe582e ("cpumask: fix checking valid cpu range")
> fixes broken cpumask_check(), which for now doesn't warn user when it
> should. After the fix, I observed many false-positive warnings which
> were addressed in the following patches.

Are all the false positives fixed?

I suspect that to avoid any automation noise, you should just rebase
so that the fixes come first. Otherwise we'll end up wasting a lot of
time on the noise.

This is not that different from introducing new buil;d-time warnings:
the things they point out need to be fixed before the warning can be
integrated, or it causes bisection problems.

Linus