Re: [syzbot] WARNING in __change_page_attr_set_clr

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Mon Sep 26 2022 - 04:21:54 EST

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 02:55:46PM -0700, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:

> Steven Rostedt noticed that comment around the middle of August
> and told you and Peter about it.

He did indeed; and I was thinking he'd told you about it too so you
could fix, what is a very juicy security issue, ASAP.

> Then Peter added a WARN_ONCE in commit
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/YwySW3ROc21hN7g9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> to explicitly trigger that known issue.

Well, I had sincerely hoped you'd fixed it by now. You just don't let
things like that slide. Note how I didn't post that mostly trivial patch
in mid August. Giving you ample time to fix up.

> Now we're trying to urgently address it with:
> https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20220923211837.3044723-1-song@xxxxxxxxxx/

Glad to see it being fixed. Thanks!