Re: [syzbot] WARNING in __change_page_attr_set_clr

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Sun Sep 25 2022 - 20:10:44 EST

On 9/25/22 14:55, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
> And, sorry, "flip ro/rw every time" is not a good idea from
> security pov.
> There is a much better solution that stalled on the code review.
> In the meantime we'll land a quick fix to re-enable boot in -next
> in the coming days.

Peter, I remember an earlier version of your patch having some various
enforcement modes. Since the strict enforcement has actually broken a
few things, should we resurrect the nicer soft detection mode? Or,
maybe make the soft one the only mode for now?

Alexei, the "quick fix" looks sane to me at first glance. Is there
something in there that's not viable long-term?

Also, the intention here was not to force any issues. I thought the
earlier discussion resulted in a bpf fix and applying Peter's patch was
intended to catch _future_ issues. I should have double-checked before
applying it. My apologies.