Re: [GIT PULL] Fix RISC-V's arch-topology reporting

From: Will Deacon
Date: Wed Sep 07 2022 - 12:42:36 EST

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 04:39:31PM +0000, Conor.Dooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 15/08/2022 23:14, Conor Dooley wrote:
> > Hey Will/Palmer/Sudeep,
> >
> > Catalin suggested [0] dropping the CC: stable for the arm64 patch and
> > instead making it a specific prereq of the RISC-V patch & making a PR,
> > so here we are.. I was still up when -rc1 came out so pushed it last
> > night to get the test coverage, but LKP seems to not have reported a
> > build success since early on the 13th so not holding my horses! I built
> > it again for both ARMs and RISC-V myself.
> >
> > I tagged it tonight, so it's on conor/linux.git as riscv-topo-on-6.0-rc1
> > with the prereq specified.
> >
> > Not sure if you want to merge this too Sudeep or if that's up to Greg?
>
> What's the story with this from an arm64 & topology PoV?
> Palmer merged this into riscv/for-next a couple weeks ago, so just
> wondering what the craic is on the other fronts.

If it's merged in the riscv tree, then I guess we don't need to do anything
on the arm64 side. It would be handy if it's on its own branch, however,
just in case we run into a conflict later on during the cycle.

Catalin -- this is the series we spoke about the other day touching the
topology code.

Cheers,

Will