Re: [syzbot] upstream boot error: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request in blk_mq_map_swqueue

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Fri Aug 26 2022 - 12:29:45 EST

On 8/26/22 06:15, Aleksandr Nogikh wrote:
Syzbot would have included the USB mailing list and the USB
maintainers if it saw that the bug might be related to this subsystem.
The bot's guess was that it was the BLOCK LAYER subsystem, so it Cc'd
only the general lists and linux-block@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there anything in this bug report that can reliably indicate that
the bug has to do with USB? If there is, we can definitely adjust our
guilty subsystem recognition logic.

Hi Aleksandr,
I may have been to fast with my conclusion that the root cause is in the USB subsystem.

Regarding your question, can syzbot inspect the console log and scan for "scsi host%d: %s" strings? The text next to the colon comes from the SCSI host template "name" member and hence indicates which SCSI LLD driver is involved.

Thanks,

Bart.