Re: smsc95xx driver

From: Ferry Toth
Date: Tue Aug 16 2022 - 10:29:26 EST

Hi,

On 16-08-2022 11:44, Iryna Semenovych wrote:
Hi folks!

Recently I found the discussion in the archive about smsc95xx driver patch that introduces some other issues:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/93d3bb50040dd4519a65187d3412973831d2d797.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

I am struggling with the similar/the same issue that is described in detail here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/5116

I believe that a number patches have just been backported for usbnet: smsc95xx for 5.15 and 5.18 that might resolve your issue.

I did find another crash:

DMA-API: xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.1.auto: cacheline tracking EEXIST, > > > overlapping mappings aren't supported But it appears happens in the hub code as other hubs then smsc95xx also have that error. This one has not yet been resolved.

Does anybody know if this issue is even related to smsc95xx driver changes or how it can be fixed?
I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

--
*Best regards, *