Re: Missing MIPI IPU6 camera driver for Intel Alder Lake laptops

From: Laurent Pinchart
Date: Mon Aug 15 2022 - 03:18:02 EST

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 04:07:32PM +0900, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> On (22/08/15 09:02), Greg KH wrote:
> [..]
> > > We haven't sent out KCAM for upstream review yet. It's open sourced,
> > > as of this moment [1], but we still need some time and wanted to convert
> > > one of the previous generations of IPU drivers (IPU3) to KCAM first to
> > > see if everything is working as we wanted it to.
> >
> > That didn't answer my question on when you were planning to actually
> > submit this :)
>
> Definitely not today. Someday, for sure :)
>
> I don't want to promise any timelines. But we are certainly not
> talking "weeks", we are talking "months". Several months is a
> realistic timeline.

If I were to bet, I'd say no less than a year :-) And even then, as
stated separately, you'll have to convince the upstream community that
the API is suitable. It would be best to work with upstream today on a
proposal that please all parties, and not wait a year for a full
implementation to be ready, submitted, and rejected.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart