Re: [PULL REQUEST] i2c-for-5.20-part2

From: Wolfram Sang
Date: Sat Aug 13 2022 - 22:06:10 EST

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 02:33:40AM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote:

> > (b) auto-convert (with a coccinelle script) all the 'strlcpy()' users
> > that don't care about the return value, and leave a few broken users
> > of strlcpy around
> >
> > I think (b) is the simpler thing, but I have no idea how to write a
> > coccinelle patch that basically does "if return value of strlcpy is
> > not used, convert the strlcpy to a strscpy".
>
> That shouldn't be hard. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

So, I tried right away and it was really as easy as expected:

===
@@
@@
- strlcpy
+ strscpy
(...);
===

The ';' at the end ensures that spatch only looks for complete
statements not containing anything more than expressed.

I pushed out a branch for the testbots now:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wsa/linux.git renesas/strlcpy

Patch granularity might not be perfect currently, but for testing this
should do.

All the best,

Wolfram