Re: Query regarding deadlock involving cgroup_threadgroup_rwsem and cpu_hotplug_lock

From: Mukesh Ojha
Date: Fri Aug 12 2022 - 06:27:40 EST

Hi Tejun,

On 7/28/2022 1:03 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 08:05:03AM -1000, Tejun Heo wrote:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 05:31:51PM +0530, Mukesh Ojha wrote:
Looks like these patches are the fixes.

https://lore.kernel.org/all/YtDvN0wJ6CKaEPN8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/#r

Would let Tejun confirm this .

Yeah, looks like the same issue. I'll write up a patch later this week /
early next unless someone beats me to it.

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220705123705.764-1-xuewen.yan@xxxxxxxxxx/ is
the thread with the same issue. Let's follow up there.

Since, i am not part of the above thread, is the reason i am commenting here.

The original patch of yours [1] and the revert of [2] is fixing the issue and it is also confirmed here [3].
Can we get proper fix merge on your tree?

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/YuGbYCfAG81mZBnN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

[2] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220121101210.84926-1-zhangqiao22@xxxxxxxxxx/

[3] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAB8ipk-72V-bYRfL-VcSRSyXTeQqkBVj+1d5MHSVV5CTar9a0Q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

-Mukesh