Re: ext2/zram issue [was: Linux 5.19]

From: Lukas Czerner
Date: Tue Aug 09 2022 - 05:54:04 EST

On Tue, Aug 09, 2022 at 06:15:37PM +0900, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> On (22/08/09 11:12), Lukas Czerner wrote:
> > Hi Jiri,
> >
> > I've tried a quick xfstests run on ext2 on zram and I can't see any
> > issues like this so far. I will run a full test and report back in case
> > there is anything obvious.
>
> AFAICT this should be visible only when we are under memory pressure,
> so that direct reclaim from zs_malloc handle allocation call makes a
> difference.

True, I haven't seen the other email from Jiri, sorry about that. I can
confirm that under memory pressure it is in fact reproducible with
xfstests and also I can confirm that reverting
e7be8d1dd983156bbdd22c0319b71119a8fbb697 makes it go away.
But Jiri has a better repro already anyway.

Thanks!
-Lukas