Re: [RFC 1/1] net: introduce OpenVPN Data Channel Offload (ovpn-dco)

From: Antonio Quartulli
Date: Wed Aug 03 2022 - 11:48:01 EST

Hi Stephen,

On 03/08/2022 17:42, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
Kernel submissions for upstream must be standalone, and any infrastructure
that is only used by an out of tree kernel driver will not be accepted.

The version you propose upstream must have no linux-compat wrappers.
Sorry kernel developers don't care or want to be concerned about some
out of tree project.

There must have been some confusion - sorry about that.

The repository I linked in my previous email is this very same driver packaged as "out-of-tree" module (i.e. for people running a kernel that does not yet ship ovpn-dco) and contains some compat wrapper.

The driver I have submitted to the list is 100% standalone and does not contain any compat code.

The only extra component required to do something useful with this driver is the OpenVPN software in userspace.

I hope this clarifies.

Regards,

--
Antonio Quartulli