[GIT PULL] iomap: new code for 5.20, part 1

From: Darrick J. Wong
Date: Wed Aug 03 2022 - 11:36:17 EST

Hi Linus,

Please pull this first branch containing new code for iomap for
5.20. The most notable change in the first batch is that we no longer
schedule pages beyond i_size for writeback, preferring instead to let
truncate deal with those pages.

Next week, there may be a second pull request to remove iomap_writepage
from the other two filesystems (gfs2/zonefs) that use iomap for buffered
IO. This follows in the same vein as the recent removal of writepage
from XFS, since it hasn't been triggered in a few years; it does nothing
during direct reclaim; and as far as the people who examined the
patchset can tell, it's moving the codebase in the right direction.
However, as it was a late addition to for-next, I'm holding off on that
section for another week of testing to see if anyone can come up with a
solid reason for holding off in the meantime.

As usual, I did a test-merge with upstream master as of a few minutes
ago, and didn't see any conflicts. Please let me know if you encounter
any problems.

--D

The following changes since commit 03c765b0e3b4cb5063276b086c76f7a612856a9a:

Linux 5.19-rc4 (2022-06-26 14:22:10 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux.git tags/iomap-5.20-merge-1

for you to fetch changes up to f8189d5d5fbf082786fb91c549f5127f23daec09:

dax: set did_zero to true when zeroing successfully (2022-06-30 10:05:11 -0700)

New code for 5.20:
- Skip writeback for pages that are completely beyond EOF
- Minor code cleanups

Chris Mason (1):
iomap: skip pages past eof in iomap_do_writepage()

Kaixu Xia (2):
iomap: set did_zero to true when zeroing successfully
dax: set did_zero to true when zeroing successfully

fs/dax.c | 4 ++--
fs/iomap/buffered-io.c | 15 ++++++++-------