Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 2

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Tue Aug 02 2022 - 21:49:20 EST

On 8/3/22 08:03, broonie@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Changes since 20220728:
>
> The hid tree gained a build failure which I fixed up.
>
> The thermal tree gained a build failure, I used the version from 20220728
> instead.
>
> The net-next tree gained a conflict against the net tree.
>
> The kvm tree gained a conflict with the kvms390-fixes tree.
>
> The pinctrl tree gained a build failure for which I reverted a commit.
>
> Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 12734
> 12594 files changed, 1319236 insertions(+), 278745 deletions(-)

> I have created today's linux-next tree at
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
> (patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ). If you
> are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
> to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
> old one. You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
> master.
>
> You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
> file in the source. There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
> files in the Next directory. Between each merge, the tree was built
> with an arm64 defconfig, an allmodconfig build for x86_64, a
> multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a native (arm64) build of tools/perf.

Hi broonie,

Thanks for keeping linux-next up while Stephen is on vacation.

What is missing here is powerpc build (ppc64_defconfig), since the
architecture is often used for cross-compile test.

And I think since we're at merge window for 6.0, we need to say
"Please do not add material for 6.1 until 6.0-rc1 have been
released".

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara